If your home is damaged by windstorm:
- Wind damaged houses can let water inside. If windows, doors or skylights have been broken, and it is safe to do so cover them with tarps or plywood to prevent rain damage inside your home. Be sure to save all repair receipts.
- Don’t start permanent, major repairs or renovations until you have spoken with us.
- Take inventory and retain any belongings that may have been destroyed or damaged, noting the brand, price and other details.
- If safe to do so, take pictures of any damage. However, let your claims associate or roofing professional photograph roof damage.
- If you have pictures of your home before the damage, include them with your insurance claim.
- If a contractor is needed, you’re free to find your own contractor or select one from our On Your Side Property Repair Network.